[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Re> Recover from FDISK?

pete@Octopus.COM (Pete Holzmann) (08/17/89)

In article <36300057@iuvax> boyer@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu writes:
>Help!  I accidentally did an FDISK (re-partitioned) my disk drive.
>I was attempting to partition another drive, but the computer did
>not recognize the other drive and re-partitioned a drive with data.
>
>Is there any way to recover the data from this drive?

The only correct answer I know of: Paul Mace software has an un-FDISK-er
that will fi| you right up, recreating the FAT and all. Yes, recent
FDISKs do seem to actually hurt part of the high level formatting info.

My partner had this problem a few weeks ago, and Mace solved it nicely.

Pete

--
Peter Holzmann, Octopus Enterprises   |(if you're a techie Christian & are
19611 La Mar Ct., Cupertino, CA 95014 |interested in helping w/ the Great