[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Kermit Problems

spcecdt@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Space Cadet) (08/03/89)

     I am using Kermit 2.32/A.  Among other things, it seems to
allow DOS to intercept ^C about half the time.  2.31 and 2.32
behaved the same way.  When I hit ^C I usually first get a ^C
printed in the console color, obviously from DOS.  I have to hit
it several times before I get one sent to the host I'm connected
to.  It's very annoying.  Is there any way to fix this?  Do other
people have this problem?

	John DuBois
	spcecdt@ucscb.ucsc.edu
	...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!spcecdt

Space.Cadet@mamab.FIDONET.ORG (Space Cadet) (08/06/89)

--
Fidonet:  Space Cadet via 1:363/9
Internet: Space.Cadet@mamab.FIDONET.ORG

csachs@oucsace.cs.OHIOU.EDU (Colin Sachs) (08/18/89)

(Space Cadet) writes:
>      I am using Kermit 2.32/A.  Among other things, it seems to
> allow DOS to intercept ^C about half the time.  2.31 and 2.32
> behaved the same way.  When I hit ^C I usually first get a ^C
> printed in the console color, obviously from DOS.  I have to hit
> it several times before I get one sent to the host I'm connected
> to.  It's very annoying.  Is there any way to fix this?  Do other
> people have this problem?

I didn't have this problem, but a similar one where characters input,
especially control characters, would do odd things.  I solved my
problem using a macro to set the modem to the appropriate settings
for the particular host system.  If you have access to the person or
person who set up the host system's communications configuration, then
you could ask them/him/her what the appropriate adjustments to your
kermit induced modem set-up might be.  (the particular macro I used
was predefined by the people I got kermit from for use with thier system).

Who knows, you might already have macro's definied on your version.  Try
"SHow MACro" to see what that gets you... BTW, I use 2.32.

--
Colin Sachs    -    csachs@oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu

   "I believe in everything; nothing is sacred.
    I believe in nothing; everything is sacred."  -the Chink