[comp.sys.ibm.pc] warm boot from drive B: ???

DEEJ@MAINE.BITNET (Dj Merrill - work) (08/17/89)

i was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to warm boot from drive b:
on a pc/xt.
I have a Microsmart XT clone with a 3.5 as drive A: and 5.25 as drive B:
I would be like to be able to boot from the 5.25 occasionally (without
switching the drive cable).
Thanks for your help,
-Dj Merrill

wcr@branch.FIDONET.ORG (W.c. Rothanburg) (08/20/89)

In an article of <16 Aug 89 21:38:06 GMT>, DEEJ@MAINE.BITNET (Dj Merrill - work) writes:

 >i was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to warm boot from drive b:
 >on a pc/xt.
 >I have a Microsmart XT clone with a 3.5 as drive A: and 5.25 as drive B:
 >I would be like to be able to boot from the 5.25 occasionally (without
 >switching the drive cable).
 >Thanks for your help,
 >-Dj Merrill

The boot record on a floppy in drive a: could be re-written to start loading
from the B: drive.  I'm not sure exactly how to do it, but have seen a a few
floppies cause the C: drive to be booted instead.

Bill

--
"Out on a Limb in The Branch Office...."                            ]