[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DOS editor problem...

jcjust01@ULKYVX.BITNET (08/18/89)

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of CED -- ibm C editor
                                          PCED -- PCeditor
                                     or DOSEDIT-- DOS editor.

I don't know where these came from or exactly what they are, but I and a friend
of mine would like to know where to get them.

Please e-mail a response.
                                          Joel Justen
JCJUST01@ulkyvx03                         University of Louisville
JCJUST01@ULKYVM

thaler@shorty.CS.WISC.EDU (Maurice Thaler) (08/19/89)

In article <9jcjust01@ULKYVX.bitnet> jcjust01@ULKYVX.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get a copy of CED -- ibm C editor
>                                          PCED -- PCeditor
>                                     or DOSEDIT-- DOS editor.
>
>I don't know where these came from or exactly what they are, but I and a friend
>of mine would like to know where to get them.
None of these are EDITORS, they are memory resident interfaces for the
DOS command line which give you history and aliasing. PCED is a
commercial version of CED, both by Chris Dunford. DOSEDIT was an earlier
version that I think Chris liked and improved upon.

They are worthwhile programs that (except PCED) you can download off of
almost any BBS, or from SIMTEL20.  If you are looking for a programer
type editor, you might check out microEMACS, or QEDIT, or perhaps this
new one ME that was just uploaded to SIMTEL20.

Maurice Thaler   SYSOP  Audio Projects BBS (608) 836-9473
                 SYSOP  Power Board    BBS (608) 222-8842

kevinf@infmx.UUCP (Kevin Franden) (08/19/89)

In article <9jcjust01@ULKYVX.bitnet> jcjust01@ULKYVX.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone know where I can get a copy of CED -- ibm C editor
					    ^^^
This is an editor of a different beast.  It is a TSR COMMAND line editor.
It allows you to alias commands (cd c:/dbase/files/applications/acct turns
into go_acct or some other mnenomonic) AND allows you to recall previously
typed commands (using arrow up and down).

All in all, it's a GREAT program!  but not an editor.

Kevin Franden		    UUCP: {pyramid|lll-crg}!infmx!kevinf
Informix Software Inc
disclaimer("I said what I said and not my employer");

There are Lies, Damn lies, Statistics, Benchmarks, and Delivery dates

jim@syteke.UUCP (Jim Sanchez) (08/24/89)

I would LOVE to get a copy of CED and have looked around without success.
Could some kind soul mail me a copy(uuencoded of course).  I would
be eternally grateful.

--
Jim Sanchez  {sun,hplabs}!sun!sytek!syteke!jim OR
Hughes LAN Systems, Brussels  mcvax!prlb2!sunbim!syteke!jim