[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Parallel INPUT port for XT/AT

andre@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Timothy Andre) (08/28/89)

I'm looking for a parallel port that can do INPUT as well as output.
It is my understanding that the standard printer port is purely an
output port and thus unsuitable for my needs.  I'd appreciate hearing
from anyone who knows of such a card.  I'd prefer e-mail replies to:
		tandre@fourier.rutgers.edu
			- or -
		rutgers!cdspr!fourier!tandre
or post to the net if you like.

Nanook@tlsi.FIDONET.ORG (Keith Dickinson) (08/30/89)

In an article of <28 Aug 89 13:58:08 GMT>, andre@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Timothy Andre) writes:
 >I'm looking for a parallel port that can do INPUT as well as output.
 >It is my understanding that the standard printer port is purely an
 >output port and thus unsuitable for my needs.  I'd appreciate hearing
 >from anyone who knows of such a card.  I'd prefer e-mail replies to:
 >                tandre@fourier.rutgers.edu
 >                        - or -
 >                rutgers!cdspr!fourier!tandre
 >or post to the net if you like.

Wrong. The standard parallel printer port for the IBM is a bi-directional 8 bit parallel INPUT/OUTPUT port. If you obtain a tech-ref manual on it you will see how to program it.

Keith

--- msged 1.99S ZTC
 * Origin: TLSI: The DFW/Usenet Gateway  (1:124/2202)
--
          __     Fidonet : 124/2202 [(214) 399-0094]
         /  \    Internet: nanook@TLSI.Fidonet.Org