---cut here---
From: mdfreed%ziebmef@mailrus.UUCP (Mark Freedman)
To:   mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 89 09:44:22 EDT

    There was an item in some of the financial papers a while ago stating that
Miniscribe had overstated profits for several quarters (a combination of
policies which encouraged questionable accounting practices). I don't recall
anything indicating major losses, just profits which were significantly lower
than first stated.
    I believe I may have read about problems with a particular model but, in
general, I have the impression that Miniscribe drives have a good reputation.
    If the ARE in trouble, I imagine it's a combination of  1) competition
2)  rumours that Miniscribe is going out of business.
     Thanks for doing your part :-)

---cut here---

As you can see, it appears that Miniscribe is going to stay around for a
while...Sorry for spreading rumors.

--
Marc Unangst
UUCP smart    : mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us

lane@cs.dal.ca (John Wright/Dr. Pat Lane) (09/01/89)

In article <558.24C400A2@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us> mju@mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) writes:
  business, the only reply indicated that there had been reports in finacial
  papers about financial problems but no major losses or threat of bankruptcy.]
>...it appears that Miniscribe is going to stay around for a while...
>Sorry for spreading rumors.

Well, *I* heard a rumour that Miniscribe was being bought out by Seagate.
Just a rumour!!!

--
John Wright      //////////////////     Phone:  902-424-3805  or  902-424-6527
Post: c/o Dr Pat Lane, Biology Dept, Dalhousie U, Halifax N.S., CANADA B3H-4H8

mrichey@orion.cf.uci.edu (Mike Richey) (09/02/89)

In article <1989Sep1.054744.9407@cs.dal.ca> lane@cs.dal.ca.UUCP (John Wright/Dr. Pat Lane) writes:

>Well, *I* heard a rumour that Miniscribe was being bought out by Seagate.
>Just a rumour!!!

Seagate is negotiating with CDC/Imprimis to purchase CDC's line of winchester
drives... no rumor, fact. The agreement has been signed and calls for cash and
stock in Seagate for CDC. And I always liked CDC drives........

Michael S. Richey
mrichey@orion.cf.uci.edu
BITNET: mrichey@UCI   Voice: (714) 856-8374
University of California, Irvine