[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need "dosedit" docs

santol@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (shawn.r.antol) (08/21/89)

Could some kind sole please send me the documentation for the
wonderful TSR called dosedit.com?  I do not have access to FTP
or the Simtel archives, hence, email preferred.

Thanks in advance,

   Shawn R. Antol
   AT&T Bell Laboratories
   Naperville, IL
   (312)-979-5622 voice
   Reply to:  att!ihlpb!santol

jcjust01@ULKYVX.BITNET (08/24/89)

In article <2572@cbnewsc.ATT.COM> santol@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (shawn.r.antol) writes:

>Could some kind sole please send me the documentation for the
>wonderful TSR called dosedit.com?  I do not have access to FTP
>or the Simtel archives, hence, email preferred.
>
>Thanks in advance,

It seems that I would like the same favor except that I also need the program
since I do not have access to Simtel, nor FTP.

                                      Thanx in advance,
                                      JAPMAN01

Joel Justen                                    JCJUST01@ulkyvx03
University of Louisville
Disclaimer:  My views/comments/opinions are the soles of me, not my university!

slimer@trsvax.UUCP (08/25/89)

  I tried EMAIL, but no luck, so here goes. I do have DOSEDIT.COM which is
  a nifty routine, but guess what else, I do not have the DOCS for
  it...what I do have is the source code. Yes! The original source code.

  If you like, EMAIL a request to me.

*  Thank You,                           texbell!letni!rwsys!trsvax!slimer  *
*         Bill             "I love it when you dBase me!" - ComputerWorld  *
*  George W. Pogue, 1300 Two Tandy, Fort Worth, TX. 76102  (817) 390-2871  *

davii@datlog.co.uk ( Ian Davis ) (08/29/89)

In article <14jcjust01@ULKYVX.bitnet> jcjust01@ULKYVX.BITNET writes:
>In article <2572@cbnewsc.ATT.COM> santol@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (shawn.r.antol) writes:
>>
>>Could some kind sole please send me the documentation for the
>>wonderful TSR called dosedit.com?  I do not have access to FTP
>>or the Simtel archives, hence, email preferred.
>>
>>Thanks in advance,

Could the same favour be extended to me, it would be much appreciated

Thank you

lane@cs.dal.ca (John Wright/Dr. Pat Lane) (09/02/89)

I had this kicking around.  It is not author documentation but rather
written by a third party after the fact.  Better than nothing...

                       - DOSEDIT.DOC - 4/12/84 -

DOSEDIT is a simple editor for DOS commands.  It can be used with DOS 1.1  and
DOS  2.x.   DOSEDIT  uses  a special set of the keys on the IBM PC keyboard to
allow you to edit the DOS command you are entering  or  one  of  the  previous
commands  that  you  have  entered.   It keeps a command stack of the last 256
characters of commands that you have entered and you can scroll back and forth
through this stack.  It also allows you to  edit  the  current  command  being
displayed.  NOTE: 1 or 2 character commands are not saved.

UP arrow        *Scrolls backward through the command stack.
DOWN arrow      *Scrolls forward through the command stack.
ESC             *Clears the command line.
LEFT arrow       Moves the cursor left one position.
RIGHT arrow      Moves the cursor right one position.
HOME            *Moves the cursor to the beginning of the command line.
END             *Moves the cursor to the end of the command line.
INS              Toggles the insert function.
DEL              Deletes the character under the cursor.
CTRL-left arrow *Moves the cursor left a word at a time.
CTRL-right arrow*Moves the cursor right a word at a time.
CTRL-HOME        Erases from the beginning of the line to the cursor.
CTRL-END         Erases from the cursor to the end of the line.
CTRL-PGUP       *Erases the command stack.
CTRL-PGDN       *Erases the displayed entry from the command stack.
BACKSPACE        Remains unchanged.
CTRL-Z           Puts in an End-of-File (1AH - replaces the F6 key).

The function keys F1-F6 no longer have assigned functions.

Tutorial:

After power  on,  or <Alt><Ctrl><Del>, from the DOS prompt, enter DOSEDIT (One
time).  No message will be returned, only the DOS prompt.  To experiment  with
DOSEDIT, from the DOS prompt enter:

        A> REM ONE
        A> REM TWO
        A> REM THREE

Now use  the up arrow key to see the last command (ECHO THREE).  Again use the
up arrow key to see the preceding command (ECHO  TWO).   Now  press  enter  to
execute  that  command.   Then  press  the down arrow key to see the following
command (ECHO THREE).  Press either the up or down arrow key several times  to
see  how the commands wrap around.  Use the Esc key to clear the command line.
Enter new commands and use the control keys defined above to  become  familiar
with all the functions.

This program  was  found  on the San Jose IBM Employee PC Club Bulletin Board.
This documentation was written by Brad Kidder, San Jose.  As a  programmer,  I
have found this program to be one of the most valuable programs that I have in
my library.

SVCS Libarian  comment:  DOSEDIT  remains  active  for  the  responses to some
  programs, DEBUG and LINK for two.  If you  use  File  Command  load  DOSEDIT
  first.   You  won't  have the square cursor but otherwise the two seem to be
  compatable.  Commands  entered  in  File  Command  don't  get  entered  into
  DOSEDIT's  stack, sort of a separate but equal relationship.  The DOSEDIT+FC
  combination is greater than the sum of the parts, like losing your virginity
  on your first parachute jump.

**WARNING** The combination of DOSEDIT and KEY_FIX (SVCS #58) loaded in either
  order caused Norton's DiskLook F9 function to crash.  hs:

--
John Wright      //////////////////     Phone:  902-424-3805  or  902-424-6527
Post: c/o Dr Pat Lane, Biology Dept, Dalhousie U, Halifax N.S., CANADA B3H-4H8