[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Microsoft Windows 2.1 -- Questions About Paint

cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (09/02/89)

I'm considering purchase of Microsoft Windows 2.1, and I would like to
know if Windows Paint can import and export .PCX (PC Paintbrush) files.
--
Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
"No man is an island" is the beginning of the end of personal freedom.

hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au (Roger Hadgraft) (09/05/89)

In article <2285@optilink.UUCP>, cramer@optilink.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) writes:
> I'm considering purchase of Microsoft Windows 2.1, and I would like to
> know if Windows Paint can import and export .PCX (PC Paintbrush) files.
> --
No it won't. But you can buy a version of PC Paintbrush that runs under Windows,
or you can get a shareware program called GCP (used to be Easel) which converts
PCX (and GIF and MacPaint) to MS Paint (MSP) format.
--
Roger Hadgraft                  |  hadgraft@civeng.monash.edu.au
Lecturer in Civil Engineering   |  phone:  +61 3 565 4983