[comp.sys.ibm.pc] LPT1 to disk file...

prc@erbe.se (Robert Claeson) (09/05/89)

In article <112@prodix.liu.se> jian@prodix.liu.se (Jian Hu) writes:

>I`m using STATGRAPHICS on my AT which prints HP Laser Jet graphics to LPT1.
>Since my AT is not connected to any LaserJet, I want to redirect LPT1 to a
>file and bring the diskette to another machine to print it out. I`ve tried
>a couple of programmes of the sort, including LPTX, but none of them did the
>work. It seemed that the data was lost after a certern amount has been printed
>out. Now if anyone out there can pass a hint on my problem, I should be very
>grateful.

I have a similar problem, but with the COM1 port; I'm occasionally using
PagePlanner, a desktop-publishing kind of program (don't ask why I'm using
it instead of Ventura or PageMaker; I just have to use it for some reasons).
It produces PostScript on the COM1 port, which is usually connected to a
PostScript printer. From time to time, I need to capture that PostScript
output to a file on a diskette to send to a print shop with a photo-
typesetter that understands PostScript. PagePlanner has no way to redirect
the output to anything but COMx, and the print shop doesn't have PagePlanner.
I'd be most interested in get to know about a program of some kind that can
capture the output sent to the COM1 port and place it in a file.

--
          Robert Claeson      E-mail: rclaeson@erbe.se
	  ERBE DATA AB

slimer@trsvax.UUCP (09/06/89)

  I have the source code to a prn redirector utility that can be modified
  easily to redirect other ports. If you wish a copy of this source, called
  PRN2FILE, EMAIL me!

*  Thank You,                           texbell!letni!rwsys!trsvax!slimer  *
*         Bill            "Judge Green is a Bell Buster!" - ComputerWorld  *
*  George W. Pogue, 1300 Two Tandy, Fort Worth, TX. 76102  (817) 390-2871  *