[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Need VGIF 4.0 .cfg file

tad@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Tad Marko) (09/07/89)

I need either a config (.cfg) file for VGIF 4.0 for the ATI VGA
Wonder card or a list of the register values for each of the
modes.  Actually, the list of how to put the thing into various
modes (including text modes) would be real helpful.

Thanks,
Tad
--
	   Tad Marko at UNIX Connection BBS AT&T 3B2, Dallas, Texas
		   The next sentence you read will be true.

dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) (09/07/89)

In article <9259@attctc.Dallas.TX.US> tad@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Tad Marko) writes:
>I need either a config (.cfg) file for VGIF 4.0 for the ATI VGA
>Wonder card or a list of the register values for each of the
>modes.  Actually, the list of how to put the thing into various
>modes (including text modes) would be real helpful.

There isn't one.  VGIF 4.0 doesn't support the ATI card, because it uses
a non-standard chipset made by ATI.  However, there's a new program by the
same author, called VPIC (currently at version 2.0) that does support the
ATI card.  It's available in the PICS forum on Compuserve, in VPIC20.ARC.
It does everything VGIF did, plus it supports lots of other image formats
besides GIF.

Duncan Murdoch

gordon@eecea.eece.ksu.edu (Dwight Gordon) (09/07/89)

In article <451@maytag.waterloo.edu> dmurdoch@watstat.waterloo.edu (Duncan Murdoch) writes:
>In article <9259@attctc.Dallas.TX.US> tad@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Tad Marko) writes:
>> [ text deleted ]
>
>There isn't one.  VGIF 4.0 doesn't support the ATI card, because it uses
>a non-standard chipset made by ATI.  However, there's a new program by the
>same author, called VPIC (currently at version 2.0) that does support the
>ATI card.  It's available in the PICS forum on Compuserve, in VPIC20.ARC.
> [more text deleted]

  It is also available from simtel20 in pd1:<msdos.gif>vpic20.arc

--
Dwight W. Gordon         |   913-532-5600    |   gordon@eecea.eece.ksu.edu
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department |     dwgordon@ksuvm.bitnet