[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Zenith 151-Hercules Card

cole@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (09/12/89)

Hi... I need some help getting a Hercules card to work on an old Zenith
Z-151.  I cna't seem to get the machine to recognize the presence of the
additional graphics card, and override the internal CGA adapter the
machine came with.  Any suggestions?

Please send any replies to my
Minnesota logons:  lebowitz@msus1.BITNET
                   marobleb@ux.acss.umn.edu

Thanks.... Rob Lebowitz

pajerek@isctsse.UUCP (Don Pajerek) (09/13/89)

In article <110200002@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> cole@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Hi... I need some help getting a Hercules card to work on an old Zenith
>Z-151.  I cna't seem to get the machine to recognize the presence of the
>additional graphics card, and override the internal CGA adapter the
>machine came with.  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks.... Rob Lebowitz

You will need a modification kit from Zenith to make this work. It
involves replacing a chip on the video board and, I think, cutting a trace
or two as well.

The cost is trivial, just a couple of dollars, as I recall.

Don Pajerek