[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DESQview as a shell

andy@mks.UUCP (Andy Toy) (09/14/89)

Has anybody successfully use DESQview as a shell?

i.e.  SHELL=c:\dv.exe in config.sys

Actually, I use a slight variation on this which sets COMSPEC first.
--
Andy Toy, Mortice Kern Systems Inc.,       Internet: andy@mks.com
  35 King Street North, Waterloo,       UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!andy

boyer@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (Charles David Boyer) (09/14/89)

andy@mks.UUCP (Andy Toy) writes:

>Has anybody successfully use DESQview as a shell?

>i.e.  SHELL=c:\dv.exe in config.sys

>Actually, I use a slight variation on this which sets COMSPEC first.
>--
>Andy Toy, Mortice Kern Systems Inc.,       Internet: andy@mks.com
>  35 King Street North, Waterloo,       UUCP: uunet!watmath!mks!andy
>      Ontario, CANADA N2J 2W9      Phone: 519/884-2251  FAX: 519/884-8861

How?  How do you set the comspec first.  Do you run DV.COM to take advantage
of extended memory available?  What about some TSR programs that need to be
run before DesqView, such as a disk cache etc.?

Dave Boyer