[comp.sys.ibm.pc] PC BBS software opinions ?

werner@aecom.yu.edu (Craig Werner) (09/13/89)

	I've been considering the idea of setting up a BBS on an IBM PC,
and would like to get opinions as to waht people think are the reasonable
works of BBS software available.

--
	        Craig Werner   (future MD/PhD, 4.5 years down, 2.5 to go)
	     werner@aecom.YU.EDU -- Albert Einstein College of Medicine

larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) (09/15/89)

In article <2438@aecom.yu.edu>, werner@aecom.yu.edu (Craig Werner) writes:

> 	I've been considering the idea of setting up a BBS on an IBM PC,
> and would like to get opinions as to waht people think are the reasonable
> works of BBS software available.

First question, which operating system?  DOS or *NIX?

Under DOS - TBBS is the slickest message base system but lacks
in the file section.

PC Bored is fairly hot with the file system - but lacks in the
message base.

Under Unix/Xenix - I am still checking into.
--
Larry Snyder                                              SCO Xenix 2.3.2 '386
uucp: iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry                Computone Intelliport AT8