[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VICTOR INFO WANTED

lance@helios (Lance Bresee) (09/13/89)

I just got an old VICTOR 9000 for $25.  It seems like a nice
enough machine for my nephew to play on.  I would like to
get in touch with other owners of this machine to get technical
info and perhaps sources for manuals etc.

Does anyone out there know of any VICTOR SOG's or groups?
Does anyone own one of these beasties?

Thanx muchly for all replies, even those that say:
  VICTOR? Who's he?
Lance
lance%helios.ucsc.edu  lance@helios.ucsc.edu%ucscc.ucsc.edu

haeb@ibmpcug.co.uk (Harry Broomhall) (09/15/89)

In article <9098@saturn.ucsc.edu> lance@helios.ucsc.edu (Lance Bresee) writes:

>I just got an old VICTOR 9000 for $25.  It seems like a nice
>enough machine for my nephew to play on.  I would like to
>get in touch with other owners of this machine to get technical
>info and perhaps sources for manuals etc.
>
>Does anyone own one of these beasties?

   A lot of these machines were sold in the UK under the name of
SIRIUS 1.   I have two of them here and they are used to support
clients who are so fond of them that they don't want to change
to PCs!

   There is also a company in London who specialize in parts and
standard software for these machines.   In the past I have written
software for them as well.

   An important point - they are MS-DOS machines and NOT PC-DOS.
There is NO IBM compatability or ROM-BIOS.  Software must be
of MS-DOS style to work, or else specialy written.   Having
said that I have Microsoft C v5.1 working happily on mine in
896Kb RAM!

      Regards,
         Harry Broomhall

--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not