[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Who supplies uucp to IBM PC's ?

lars@iclswe.UUCP (Lars Tunkrans) (09/06/89)

We need to get the names and addresses to some companies that can supply
us with some uucp compatible/look alike software to enable a PC to talk
to unix on an asyncronous line.

Pls email responses to me, since this subject probably has been
thorughly discussed on the net already.
--
//     /////  ///     | Lars Tunkrans  Distributed Resource Systems support.
 //  ///      ///     | UUCP: {uunet,mcvax,munnari,cernvax,diku,inria,prlb2,tut

saify@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (saify.lanewala) (09/15/89)

In article <219@iclswe.UUCP>, lars@iclswe.UUCP (Lars Tunkrans) writes:
> We need to get the names and addresses to some companies that can supply
> us with some uucp compatible/look alike software to enable a PC to talk
> to unix on an asyncronous line.
>
> //     /////  ///     | Lars Tunkrans  Distributed Resource Systems support.

Please EMAIL info to me too please.  Thanks.

saify lanewala
...attunix!stl

vemis@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Jeff Mo) (09/15/89)

saify@cbnewsl.ATT.COM (saify.lanewala) writes:
>In article <219@iclswe.UUCP>, lars@iclswe.UUCP (Lars Tunkrans) writes:
>> We need to get the names and addresses to some companies that can supply
>> us with some uucp compatible/look alike software to enable a PC to talk
>> to unix on an asyncronous line.
>>
>> //     /////  ///     | Lars Tunkrans  Distributed Resource Systems support.
>
>Please EMAIL info to me too please.  Thanks.

It seems that there is enough interest to post this.  March 89
_Unix_World_ reviewed two MS-DOS products which would do uucp
communications.  I have not used either; I can only relay what
the artical said:

RamNet, from Software Concepts Design, 594 Third Ave., New York,
NY  10016; 212/889-6431.  Menu driven, good for DOS users that
don't want to learn hard-core uucp.  Runs in the background.

UULINK, from Vortex Technology, PO Box 1323, Topanga, CA  90290;
213/390-3920.  For someone who knows and likes a Unix uucp, UULINK
will feel the same on the DOS machine.  Not background, but runs
like Unix uucp.  Has good security, does domain addressing.

Jeff Mo, Vision-Ease MIS department, Optifacts division.  St. Cloud, MN, USA

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!vemis
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!vemis@nosc.mil
INET: vemis@pnet51.cts.com