[comp.sys.ibm.pc] NIH/NIMH grant form software

mvolo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Michael R. Volow) (09/15/89)

Do any net members know of any electronic forms specifically for fill-
ing out or printing of grants, such as NIH or NIMH grants? We do not
want to construct our own forms, but would like to be able to have a
video grant form that could be filled out on the computer, and then
both the form and the data would be printed on a Laserjet (you know
just like your tax man does with his electronic 1040). Thanks in advanc.

M Volow, VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705
mvolo@ecsvax.UUCP           919 286 0411

roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) (09/15/89)

In <7659@ecsvax.uncecs.edu> mvolo@ecsvax.uncecs.edu (Michael R. Volow) writes:
> Do any net members know of any electronic forms specifically for fill-
> ing out or printing of grants, such as NIH or NIMH grants?

	There is a project underway at NIH to produce a program (Mac and PC
versions) for electronic submission of grants, including filling out the
forms (it even includes a bit of a spreadsheet ability to help with the
budgeting).  Richard Feldmann and NIH was in charge of the project.  We had
a demo version of the program for the Mac here a while ago (called,
appropriately enough, R01) but I think it was a very early version because
it didn't work very well.  Presumably by now it's in much better shape.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
{att,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy -or- roy@alanine.phri.nyu.edu
"The connector is the network"