[comp.sys.ibm.pc] WordPerfect Library Calendar question

heflin@cod.NOSC.MIL (Greg R. Heflin) (09/21/89)

When using WordPerfect Library Calendar AUTODATE
how does one setup a holiday such as Veterans Day???

Veterans Day is November 11, but the legal holiday is the closest
weekday!!  I think it should be something like:

		closest (mon:fri) 11 nov

But I have tried a wide variety of variations and possiblities.

Anybody know how to do this???

The manual doesn't mention anything like this that I could find.

Thank in advance  -gregory
		   NAVELEX,sd
--

-gregory  Just my two cents which shouldn't make a flame,
	  unless you rub them real hard.

rick@NRC.COM (Rick Wagner) (09/22/89)

In article <1647@cod.NOSC.MIL> heflin@cod.NOSC.MIL (Greg R. Heflin) writes:
>When using WordPerfect Library Calendar AUTODATE
>how does one setup a holiday such as Veterans Day???
>
>Veterans Day is November 11, but the legal holiday is the closest
>weekday!!  I think it should be something like:
>
>		closest (mon:fri) 11 nov

This closest I could find takes two functions:
	every nov 11 & !(sat,sun)	<- catches week days
	every fri nov 10, mon nov 12	<- catches weekend special cases

They have a "near" operator. I tried "every mon:fri near nov 11" but
it always yields nov 10 or 12, even mid-week.  What they need is a
on/near to round out their set (after, on/after, before, on/before,
near).

>But I have tried a wide variety of variations and possiblities.
>
>Anybody know how to do this???
>
>The manual doesn't mention anything like this that I could find.
>
>Thank in advance  -gregory
>		   NAVELEX,sd
>--
>
>-gregory  Just my two cents which shouldn't make a flame,
>	  unless you rub them real hard.

	--rick
Rick Wagner						Network Research Corp.
rick@nrc.com	rick@nrcvax.UUCP			2380 North Rose Ave.
(805) 485-2700	FAX: (805) 485-8204			Oxnard, CA 93030
Don't hate yourself in the morning, sleep 'till noon.