[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Mail and the PC

jim@jose.uucp (Jim) (09/20/89)

Is anyone out there getting NEWS (you know, the stuff you are reading right
now)?  I have been trying to find a news/mail program compatible with the
unix usenet system.  Is there one out there?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

jim@jose.uucp

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (09/24/89)

In article <1989Sep20.162211.22784@jose.uucp>, jim@jose.uucp (Jim) writes:
> Is anyone out there getting NEWS (you know, the stuff you are reading right
> now)?  I have been trying to find a news/mail program compatible with the
> unix usenet system.  Is there one out there?  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Of course.  It is called the news and mail programs of UNIX.  That is
what I am using right here on this glorified pc.  What you need is the
operating system that supports them on the pc.  It is called UNIX.
I highly recommend it.
:-)
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    amc-gw!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl