[comp.sys.ibm.pc] 3C87 coprocessor info wanted

dbeeman@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Beeman) (09/27/89)

I've heard mention of a numeric coprocessor made by ITT (the 3C87)
which is supposedly compatible with the 80387, but faster in the
execution of many of its instructions and less expensive.  Does
anyone know where I can get more information on this?  What does
a 25 or 33 Mhz version sell for, compared to a 80387?
dbeeman@jarthur.claremont.edu

barkdoll@cattell.psych.upenn.edu (Edwin Barkdoll) (09/27/89)

In article <2134@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> dbeeman@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Beeman) writes:
>I've heard mention of a numeric coprocessor made by ITT (the 3C87)
>which is supposedly compatible with the 80387, but faster in the
>execution of many of its instructions and less expensive.  Does
>anyone know where I can get more information on this?  What does

ITT (Integrated Information Technology)
2540 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 727-1885