[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Y cable for joystick adapter

carlson@gateway.mitre.org (Bruce Carlson) (09/19/89)

In article <9762@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> wnbell@sybil.UUCP (William Bell) writes:
>I have a 386 type computer and it came with 1 game port which
>I use for a joystick. My question is is there a Y-connector
>somewhere which will allow 2 players to play a game with 2 joysticks?

My Kraft joystick adapter (bought at Egghead Software) came with a Y cable.
They also carried Gravis joystick adapters, but you had to buy the
Y cable separately.

Radio Shack may carry the Y cable, or try a "family" oriented computer
store.  The "business" oriented stores (and some mail order companies)
seem to consider joysticks as a toy, not a computer product.

Bruce Carlson

rtb89@cbnewse.ATT.COM (roy.t.bradstrum) (09/27/89)

In article <71796@linus.UUCP>, carlson@gateway.mitre.org (Bruce Carlson) writes:
> In article <9762@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> wnbell@sybil.UUCP (William Bell) writes:
> >I have a 386 type computer and it came with 1 game port which
> >I use for a joystick. My question is is there a Y-connector
> >somewhere which will allow 2 players to play a game with 2 joysticks?

Here is another related question. I have been looking for months
but have not been able to find a joystick extender cable. Am I the
only person out there that has a joystick hooked into a tower machine?

Thanks,
Todd Bradstrum