[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Files on Simtel20

ferris@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Richard Ferris) (09/28/89)

I downloaded a file called files.idx from Simtel20 but
it seems to be compressed strangely.  Could someone
enlighten me?  I used type l 8 to transfer to the
mainframe and the file looked odd.  Transferring to
my PC still gives garbage.  Thanks.

RF

Richard T. Ferris
ferris@eniac.seas.upenn.edu
University of Pennsylvania

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (09/28/89)

ferris@eniac.seas.upenn.edu.UUCP (Richard  Ferris) writes:
>I downloaded a file called files.idx from Simtel20 but
>it seems to be compressed strangely.  Could someone
>enlighten me?  I used type l 8 to transfer to the
>mainframe and the file looked odd.  Transferring to
>my PC still gives garbage.  Thanks.

FILES.IDX is a text file, not binary.  Please download
SIMTEL-ARCHIVES.INFO from the default anonymous directory
for information on the files available from SIMTEL20.

For information on file listings and descriptions please download
PD1:<MSDOS.FILEDOCS>AAAREAD.ME (a text file).

Questions about the files in the CP/M, MSDOS or MISC directories should
be directed to me at the address below.  Questions about system problems
or network performance problems should be directed to
Action@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, and MISC archives