[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Lotus file format

chwong@bruce.OZ (Che Hung Wong) (09/26/89)

Is there anyone knows how a lotus 123 worksheet file is structured.
What we want to do is to output our data in the format of a WK1 file,
so that the lotus users can download it directly.

Thanks for any help.

tom@stiatl.UUCP (Tom Wiencko) (09/27/89)

In article <1552@bruce.OZ> chwong@bruce.OZ (Che Hung Wong) writes:
>Is there anyone knows how a lotus 123 worksheet file is structured.
>What we want to do is to output our data in the format of a WK1 file,
>so that the lotus users can download it directly.

When I was a member of Compu$erv, the Lotus support SIG had the file
formats documented in their download area.  They are even correct - I
have written several utilities which mess around with the WKS and WK1
spreadsheet formats using the information they supplied.

Tom

--
Tom Wiencko                                            (w) (404) 977-4515
gatech!stiatl!tom                                  Wiencko & Associates, Inc.

fayne@tellab5.tellabs.CHI.IL.US (Jeffrey Fayne) (09/28/89)

In article <1552@bruce.OZ> chwong@bruce.OZ (Che Hung Wong) writes:
>Is there anyone knows how a lotus 123 worksheet file is structured.
>What we want to do is to output our data in the format of a WK1 file,
>so that the lotus users can download it directly.

	There are two books available that I know of that cover this in detail,
  one is called "File Formats" (unsure of author's name).  This book is
  available in two volumes and covers both 123 and Symphony file formats as
  well as other popular programs.  The other book is published by Lotus and
  covers just 123 and Symphony.  .WK1  file formats are relatively straight-
  forward and either book covers the subject in great detail.  In fact, if
  memory serves me correctly, I believe the Lotus book has a Pascal program
  listing included that does some rudimentary conversion of data into a
  .WK file.  Check with your local bookseller or you can probably call Lotus
  directly to order their book.  Good Luck...

If it flies,    \      _      /             |  Jeffrey M. Fayne
  it dies...     \   /^ ^\   /              |  Tellabs, Inc.
              *       O O       *           |  Standard Disclaimer Applies