[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Curses library.

peter@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Peter Wu) (09/22/89)

Does anyone out there know if there is a curses library available for
Quick C, Turbo C or MSC?

Thanks.

Pedro Quien?

wek@point.UUCP (Bill Kuykendall) (09/23/89)

>Does anyone out there know if there is a curses library available for
>Quick C, Turbo C or MSC?

I'd like to see responses to this also.

Bill Kuykendall
...ddsw1!point!wek

bruno@sdcc10.ucsd.EDU (Bruce W. Mohler) (09/24/89)

In article <1894@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu> peter@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Peter Wu) writes:
>Does anyone out there know if there is a curses library available for
>Quick C, Turbo C or MSC?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Pedro Quien?

Try PCCURSES.  You can find it on simtel20.

I modified the "makefile" to produce 4 separate libraries (one
for each memory model - so I just link in the one that matches
the program calling it).

Plus, you can use UN*X documentation.  My first experience on
getting PCCURSES was to type in a sample program in from the
Curses "tutorial".  It worked right off.

Also, you get source :-)

I'm a happy user of PCCURSES.
--
Bruce W. Mohler
Systems Programmer (aka Staff Analyst)

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (09/25/89)

In article <[2119.1]comp.ibmpc;1@point.UUCP> wek@point.UUCP (Bill Kuykendall) writes:
>>Does anyone out there know if there is a curses library available for
>>Quick C, Turbo C or MSC?
>
>I'd like to see responses to this also.
>
>Bill Kuykendall
>...ddsw1!point!wek

    This is what I found in simtel20's database (simibm.idx):

PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>PCCURS13.ARC
"Unix compatible version of Curses screen mgmt"

PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>PCURSES.ARC
"Unix compatible version of Curses screen mgmt"

PD1:<MSDOS.TURBO-C>PCCURSES.ARC
"Unix compatible version of Curses screen mgmt"

   I don't know what the differences are between the files,
since they have the same descriptions.

   The full host name is: WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.2.0.74]

	       Tim

--
Tim Pozar    Try also...
Internet: pozar@toad.com

millerj@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Jay D. Miller) (09/26/89)

In article <[2119.1]comp.ibmpc;1@point.UUCP> wek@point.UUCP (Bill Kuykendall) writes:
>>Does anyone out there know if there is a curses library available for
>>Quick C, Turbo C or MSC?

>I'd like to see responses to this also.

>Bill Kuykendall
>...ddsw1!point!wek

	The latest version of pc-curses I have found is 1.3.  This is available
from simtel or uunet.uu.net.  On uunet it is in the directory
comp.sources.misc/volume5/pc-curses-1.3.  This version has makefiles
for both MSC and Turbo-C.  Hope this helps/

Jay

Jay Miller                           |
millerj@silver.bacs.indiana.edu      |

jim@jose.uucp (Jim) (09/26/89)

In article <8599@hoptoad.uucp>, pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) writes:
>     This is what I found in simtel20's database (simibm.idx):
>
> PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>PCCURS13.ARC
> "Unix compatible version of Curses screen mgmt"
>
> PD1:<MSDOS.SCREEN>PCURSES.ARC
> "Unix compatible version of Curses screen mgmt"
>
> PD1:<MSDOS.TURBO-C>PCCURSES.ARC
> "Unix compatible version of Curses screen mgmt"
>
>    The full host name is: WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL [26.2.0.74]

   For those of us who only have a uucp connection and not FTP,
   where can we get any of these curses programs?????

jim@jose.uucp

rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Budi Rahardjo) (09/26/89)

>>From alberta!ubc-cs!uw-beaver!cornell!mailrus!ames!pacbell!att!chinet!mcdchg!ddsw1!ddsw1!point!wek Mon Sep 25 13:59:45 CDT 1989
>>Does anyone out there know if there is a curses library available for
>>Quick C, Turbo C or MSC?

>I'd like to see responses to this also.
>Bill Kuykendall ...ddsw1!point!wek

Me too (esp. for MSC)

Budi Rahardjo

cliffhanger@cup.portal.com (Cliff C Heyer) (09/26/89)

What about Aspen Scientific, PO Box 72, Wheat Ridge CO 80034
303-423-8088

plim@hpsgpa.HP.COM (Peter Lim) (09/26/89)

> / hpsgpa:comp.sys.ibm.pc / wek@point.UUCP (Bill Kuykendall) /  9:00 pm  Sep 23, 1989 /
> >Does anyone out there know if there is a curses library available for
> >Quick C, Turbo C or MSC?
>
> I'd like to see responses to this also.
>
> Bill Kuykendall
> ...ddsw1!point!wek
> ----------

Yeap! It was on the net (I think comp.sources.ibm.pc) a few years ago.
I have it in my collection but might take me a while to get the PC
disk contents onto this UNIX machine (We don't have PC hooked up to
UNIX system here. Arrrghh !).

If anyone is really interested, e-mail me at hplabs!hp-pcd!hpsgwg!plim.
Otherwise, I won't bother to upload the thing  :-)

Regards,
Peter Lim.

jeff@cdp.UUCP (09/26/89)

I've written a shareware version of Curses called "PC Curses"
(not to be confused with another package called "PCcurses").
It runs with Turbo and Microsoft C, it is well optimized for
the PC environment, it is quite solid and reliable, and it
is supported.  Source code is available to registered users
only.  The unregistered (evaluation) version comes with
libraries for both compilers, reference documentation, and a
couple of sample programs.  You can get a copy by sending me
a 5.25" formatted floppy, return mailer, label, and postage
(or else $5 and I'll provide the supplies).

	Jeff Dean
	710 Chimalus
	Palo Alto, CA  94306
	uunet!pyramid!cdp!jeff

wek@point.UUCP (Bill Kuykendall) (09/26/89)

>Try PCCURSES.  You can find it on simtel20.

Great.  Pardon my noviceness, but how does one access simtel20?  I have
async dialup capability with multiple protocols (including uucp) only.

Bill Kuykendall
...ddsw1!point!wek

jim@jose.uucp (Jim) (09/29/89)

>Try PCCURSES.  You can find it on simtel20.

That dosen't help us that can only UUCP.  I do not know of any gateway
for uucp(ers) to simtel20.

Does anyone know if there is any UUCP archive site that has this file?
Does anyone know if there is ANY uucp archive sites around?

jim@jose.uucp

w8sdz@smoke.BRL.MIL (Keith Petersen) (10/01/89)

In article <1989Sep29.145247.23470@jose.uucp> jim@jose.uucp (Jim) writes:
>>Try PCCURSES.  You can find it on simtel20.
>
>That dosen't help us that can only UUCP.  I do not know of any gateway
>for uucp(ers) to simtel20.

If your uucp host can talk to any of the sites listed in my signature
below you can get files from SIMTEL20 by sending mail to the netmail
file server:   listserv@vm1.nodak.edu

A typical bang path is:   uunet!vm1.nodak.edu!listserv

If you don't have a copy of the instructions for using the server send
mail to me at the address shown in my signature.  It's a rather large
file and since I have recently posted it in this newsgroup I will not
repeat it here.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of SIMTEL20's CP/M, MSDOS, and MISC archives