[comp.sys.ibm.pc] DesqView 2.24-Anyone's experiences with?

silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Andy Silverman) (09/30/89)

I know a friend who is willing to sell me his copy of DV 2.24 and his copy
of QEMM-386.  My intention is to use them on a Zenith Z-386 with PC-Board
14/E3 to run a multi-line BBS.  Does anyone have any experience/advice on
this combination? I remember a ways back people talking about DV 2.2 being
somewhat buggyish or something. Is 2.24 high-level enough to be reliable.

+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| Andy Silverman        | Internet:   silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu |
| "All stressed out and | Compu$erve: 72261,531                   |
|  nobody to choke."    |                                         |
+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------+

JLI@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (09/30/89)

In article <14909@netnews.upenn.edu>, silver@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (Andy Silverman) writes:
> I know a friend who is willing to sell me his copy of DV 2.24 and his copy
> of QEMM-386.  My intention is to use them on a Zenith Z-386 with PC-Board
> 14/E3 to run a multi-line BBS.  Does anyone have any experience/advice on
> this combination? I remember a ways back people talking about DV 2.2 being
> somewhat buggyish or something. Is 2.24 high-level enough to be reliable.

  I have read some discussions in this group earlier (about a month ago),
and many people reported problems with DV version 2.24.  I have version
2.01 and recently upgrade it to 2.25 along with the new QEMM-386.  I have
not encountered any problems yet.

nebakke@ndsuvax.UUCP (Jeff Bakke) (10/01/89)

Just a small offshoot of this DV discussion but I am currently running
desqview 2.2 and I was wondering if there has been an upgrade version since
then or if there  have been patch versions for possible bugs..  What is the
current highest version?

Jeff Bakke
nebakke@Plains.NoDak.edu