[comp.sys.ibm.pc] In search of "twindow.h" for Turbo C 2.0

zachary@ms.uky.edu (Kevin Zachary) (10/04/89)

Hello everyone,

  I just subscribed to this newsgroup about 3 hours ago (took me about
that long to read thru all of the backlogged postings.. haha).  Anyways,
I was just wondering if anyone might have a copy of "twindow.h" or some
type of include file that sets up WINDOWs for use in Turbo C.  Half of
the programs on our IBM PC/XT at work need this file for window defini-
tions, etc. and somewhere along the way that include file bit the dust.
(I even tried to find the erased file via Norton Utilities with no luck)

  If anyone knows where I might be able to get a copy of that file, or
could send me a copy, I would really appreciate it!  (If this is a copy-
righted file, then I guess I have a problem).

  Thanks in advance, and I look forward to reading future postings in
this group!  :-)

Kevin

wang@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Eric Wang) (10/10/89)

In article <12832@s.ms.uky.edu> zachary@ms.uky.edu (Kevin Zachary) writes:
>I was just wondering if anyone might have a copy of "twindow.h" or some
>type of include file that sets up WINDOWs for use in Turbo C.  Half of
>the programs on our IBM PC/XT at work need this file for window defini-
>tions, etc. and somewhere along the way that include file bit the dust.
>(I even tried to find the erased file via Norton Utilities with no luck)

Kevin, if this file is what I think it is, then it's not part of Turbo C.
It sounds like it is part of Al Stevens' window package which is published in
a book entitled "Memory-Resident Programs and Screen Control for Turbo C",
give or take a few synonyms.  Anyways, this book does provide complete source
code for layered text windows, including pulldown menus, context-sensitive
help, a rudimentary editor, and data entry, and it does make use of one
master header file, which is called "twindow.h".  I had the misfortune of
using this window package to implement the user interface to a database, and
my own humble opinion of it is that it was published in a book because it
couldn't stand on its own merits as a piece of software.  If your source code
contains function calls like establish_window(), establish_field(), and
data types like WINDOW and FIELD, then it might well be this window package.
(Then again, this might describe half the windowing packages on the market.)
If this rings any bells, send me e-mail and I'll try to dig up a copy of this
header file and mail it to you.

Eric Wang
wang@cs.uiuc.edu