[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Looking for inexpensive A/D board

jal@ee.rochester.edu (John Lefor) (10/10/89)

I am looking for a source of a CHEAP Analog-to-Digital board for
my PC Clone.  I do not need high resolution (8-bits is enough) but
I would like several channels.  In addition if there was some
Digital-To-Analog ports (or even just a switch I could connect a relay to)
it would be even better.

My major constraint is that it be well under $1000 (I'd like
something under $500).  I am willing to write all the software in any
reasonable language (assembly, C, if necessary BASIC) so I am
not terribly concerned with software as long as the interface is
well documented.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

I program ... therefore I am.

John Lefor    	University of Rochester		Dept of E. Engineering
716-275-8265	jal@ee.rochester.edu		uunet!ur-valhalla!jal

ddurbin@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Daniel A. Durbin) (10/11/89)

In article <1989Oct10.162520.22310@ee.rochester.edu> jal@ee.rochester.edu writes:
>I am looking for a source of a CHEAP Analog-to-Digital board for
>my PC Clone.  I do not need high resolution (8-bits is enough) but
>I would like several channels.  In addition if there was some
>Digital-To-Analog ports (or even just a switch I could connect a relay to)
>it would be even better.
>
>My major constraint is that it be well under $1000 (I'd like
>something under $500).  I am willing to write all the software in any
>reasonable language (assembly, C, if necessary BASIC) so I am
>not terribly concerned with software as long as the interface is
>well documented.

	I have an 8 bit single channel A/D board which primarily
	functions as an answering machine, however, may be used
	for other sampling.  The rate is fixed at 8Khz, but may
	be changed by changing one resistor on the board, or replacing
	it with a pot.

	I have a limited number of these boards and am selling them
	with complete C source code and documentation (schematics
	and all!) for $199.

	SysOp: Cygnus X-1 BBS		| CIS: 73447,1744
	(805) 541-8505 (data)		| GEnie: D.DURBIN
	EL major at PolySlo		| ddurbin@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU