[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Praise for Central Pt.

allanon@ucrmath.UCR.EDU (Kenneth Leung) (10/11/89)

In article <1640024@hpspcoi.HP.COM> dlow@hpspcoi.HP.COM (Danny Low) writes:

>My problem with Central Point is they are constantly sending me info
>about new updates. I no sooner install one version and get
>comfortable with it than they tell me that for $10 or $20 or ...
>I can get the latest and greatest. Also in my experience if I
>encountered a bug in my version and it is fixed in the new version,
>the upgrade is free.
Being the originator of this article line, personally I feel that if
the latest and greatest version does something I want, then I don't
mind paying $10-$20 for it.  BTW, did you write to Central Pt. about
bugs in your version?  I sent them a letter and they just send me an
update free. The disk is a replacement for disk Number 3 and it
includes some very important new features (IMHO, that is) that makes
it really worthwhile to upgrade (don't know if they are putting out
an official release for it yet.)

1. PCSHELL now includes "Re-read the Tree" under the Options Menu
2. Desktop Clipboard now has a time delay option to make pasting
   work on programs that choke because pasting is too fast (MSWord)
3. Telecommunications now has option for FULL SCREEN terminal em.
   vi WORKS (Very impt. for me) and extra option to make the
   function key and Esc key behave like a reall vt100/vt52
   Also, you can send a Break to modem now.
4. PCbackup allows drive arguments
5. /LD option to make programs work with laptop screens better
6. Support with ALLCharge card
7. Network support improved
8. Setup configuration for Desqview

All-in-all I am very happy with this update (esp. the telecomm.)

Just a happy customer

Kenneth C.P. Leung
University of California, Riverside CA 92521
UUCP:    {ucsd, ucivax, ucbvax!ucdavis}!ucrmath!allanon
Internet:    ucrmath!allanon@ucsd.ucsd.EDU