[comp.sys.ibm.pc] HP LaserJet II

tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu (Tom Haapanen) (10/11/89)

> JTW106@PSUVM.BITNET (Jeff Wolfe) writes:
>> ...about an FTP site for HP laserjet fonts. Does anyone know the address...

Anonymous FTP is the preferred way of accessing the mims-iris font archive.
Connect to mims-iris.waterloo.edu (129.97.129.116).  Please get the
README.1st file and read it first!

Leo Hinds <leoh@hardy.hdw.harris.com> writes:
> font-server@mims-iris.waterloo.edu
> but you may not have too much luck.  I have sent 4 requests for index since
> it was posted (~1mo ago) ... but no response (not even a bounce!) ...

The alternate access is via our mail server program (courtesy of Brian Reed).
Send mail to mail-server@mims-iris.waterloo.edu, with a message body
consisting of commands such as 'help' and 'send index'.

Indeed, upon checking my archives, I discovered two requests from Mr. Hinds,
and reply mail to each one bounced.  If you do not receive any reply within,
say, a week, send the message again, but include in it a command of the form
	path watmath!uunet!foo!bar!myuserid
Our mailer understands domains real well, but sometimes the bang paths bounce
between here and there.  Also, avoid sending any mail through the University
of Toronto (or include a path command in those cases) as their mailer
mutilates the From line to an incompatible format.

If you can't get any response, and are really desperate, send mail to:
    	font-panic@mims-iris.waterloo.edu
and a real person will answer your mail --- within reasonable time!

                                        \tom haapanen
"now, you didn't really expect          tom@mims-iris.waterloo.edu
 my views to have anything to do        watmims research group
 with my employer's, did you?"          university of waterloo

"I don't even know what street Canada is on"  -- Al Capone