[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Problems with REZIP

NETOPRWA@NCSUVM.BITNET (Wayne Aiken) (10/11/89)

I can't figure out why the REZIP utility that comes with PKZIP won't work.
I placed PKZIP.EXE, PKUNZIP.EXE, and REZIP.EXE in a subdirectory in the
PATH.  When I try to use REZIP to re-pack any files, I get the message:

  DOS setblock error before EXEC call

Am I doing something wrong?

Wayne Aiken                netoprwa@ncsuvm.bitnet      "You can BE what
PO Box 30904               netoprwa@ncsuvm.ncsu.edu     you WON'T!!"
Raleigh, NC  27622         StarFleet BBS                  --"Bob"
(919) 782-8171                (919) 782-3095

nuharlow@ndsuvax.UUCP (Jay B. Harlow) (10/12/89)

In article <998NETOPRWA@NCSUVM> NETOPRWA@NCSUVM.BITNET (Wayne Aiken) writes:
>I can't figure out why the REZIP utility that comes with PKZIP won't work.
>I placed PKZIP.EXE, PKUNZIP.EXE, and REZIP.EXE in a subdirectory in the
>PATH.  When I try to use REZIP to re-pack any files, I get the message:
>
>  DOS setblock error before EXEC call
>
>Am I doing something wrong?

I ftp'ed pkzip102 from simtel 20, I had a couple of zip files I
needed/wanted to repack to I tried it out. Boy what a saveing in space ;-)
Any way I had no problem with REZIP except a repacking utility

	SHOULD NOT CHANGE THE SCREEN INTENSITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I am disappointed that a repacking utility, messes up my screen intensity
Maybe I am wrong, but REZIP should Leave the screen intensity alone
( I don't care what it does when it runs just don't leave the screen
intensity the why it found it when it started!)

					Jay

--
		Jay B. Harlow	<nuharlow@plains.nodak.edu>
	uunet!ndsuvax!nuharlow (UUCP)	nuharlow@ndsuvax (Bitnet)

Of course the above is personal opinion, And has no bearing on reality...