[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Stuffing into the command-line

mitch@arcturus.UUCP (Mitchell S. Gorman) (10/10/89)

	Okay, I've got a question for you folks:

	I'd like to be able to stuff characters into the command-line from
a TSR program.  I want to add them onto whatever might already be there.

	Now, I've been able to get this thing to work on AT-class machines,
using int $16, service 5.  Unfortunately, this service is unavailable on XT
machines, and I'd really like to be able to do this on those archaic
monsters as well.  ;^)

	So, does anyone know how to do this?  I know something like it can
be done, because of the existence of such programs as CED and VISITYPE.  So
what do I have to do to get it to work for me?

	Already overjoyed at the response I will be receiving, I am...

	Mitch @ Rockwell, Anaheim
	mitch@arcturus.UUCP

Disclaimer:	I don't recall expressing any opinions...

markd@crash.cts.com (Mark Divecchio) (10/12/89)

In article <6249@arcturus> mitch@arcturus.UUCP (Mitchell S. Gorman) writes:
>	I'd like to be able to stuff characters into the command-line from
>a TSR program.  I want to add them onto whatever might already be there.

Look for programs FAKEY and KEYFAKE. They work well. You can at least find
copies on my BBS.

--
Mark C. DiVecchio       Athena Systems Development Group
9888 Carroll Center Road, Suite 113, San Diego, CA 92126

slimer@trsvax.UUCP (10/15/89)

>Look for programs FAKEY and KEYFAKE. They work well. You can at least find
>Mark C. DiVecchio       Athena Systems Development Group

  I have the source code for KEYFAKE.ASM. It stuffs the keyboard with all
  your parameters. The code is in assembly and is compilable under IBM
  ASSEMBLY and Microsoft MASM. If you like a copy, EMAIL me a request.

*  Thank You,                                  texbell!letni!rwsys!slimer  *
*         Bill           "My micro doesn't give a sheet!" - ComputerWorld  *
*  George W. Pogue, 1300 Two Tandy, Fort Worth, TX. 76102  (817) 390-2871  *