[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Expanding a PS/2 30 to > 3 slots?

cdonawa@uvicctr.UVic.ca.UUCP (cdonawa) (10/17/89)

I've got a PS/2 30 at work (not the 286 version) with all the slots filled up.
I would really like to add a VGA graphics board but I do not want to give up
any of the other boards.  I asked a salesman at ComputerLand if there are
any extender boards/MUXs etc so I could squeeze the extra board in, but he
said there were none.

My present configuration is:
	RAM upgrade
	modem
	interface to an HP OCR
	and my parallel and serial ports are filled

Does anyone have a solution?

Chris Donawa

msschaa@cs.vu.nl (Schaap MS) (10/18/89)

In article <817@uvicctr.UVic.ca.UUCP> cdonawa@uvicctr.UVic.ca writes:
>I've got a PS/2 30 at work (not the 286 version) with all the slots filled up.
>
>My present configuration is:
>	RAM upgrade

How do you do that?

As far as I know, (and I have a PS/2 m.30) the model 30
has an 8086 processor and 640K RAM.

How can you ever extend that?

Michael