[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Microsoft Service

jonson@zorro.megatek.uucp (Henrik Jonson) (10/18/89)

]Regarding tkopp@carroll1.cc.edu problems and request for 'copy' of
]Codeview manual:

As the registered user of Microsoft C, I had no problem requesting
and receiving a an entire new set of manuals (3 binders, 1 of which
is the Codeview manual) from Microsoft Customer Service,
for the (unbelievably low) cost of $22.

I called 1-800-882-8088, the number supplied with my software distribution.
I simply gave my name and company information to Wendy; she verified my
registration while on the phone; she said "that'll be $22, please.
Mail a check to:
Microsoft Customer Service
Dept 1117
PO Box 97017
Redmond WA 98073-9117 " ;

I said "thanks, I appreciate your good service and I'm looking forward
to receiving them in about a week to 10 days". I did.

PS. Additonal info - shipper data :
Microsoft
Microsoft Campus North
21919 20th Ave, S.E.
Bothell, WA 98021
206-882-8088 TLX 328945

<standard disclaimer> - just a satisfied customer.

grimesg@makalu (George Grimes) (10/19/89)

In article <779@megatek.UUCP> jonson@zorro.UUCP (Henrik Jonson) writes:
>]Regarding tkopp@carroll1.cc.edu problems and request for 'copy' of
>]Codeview manual:
>
>As the registered user of Microsoft C, I had no problem requesting
>and receiving a an entire new set of manuals (3 binders, 1 of which
>is the Codeview manual) from Microsoft Customer Service,
>for the (unbelievably low) cost of $22.
>
>I called 1-800-882-8088, the number supplied with my software distribution.
>I simply gave my name and company information to Wendy; she verified my
>registration while on the phone; she said "that'll be $22, please.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Stuff deleted

><standard disclaimer> - just a satisfied customer.

You're in fine shape as long as they know you are a registered customer.
I purchased MS Pascal in 1984 and bought every upgrade that came out until
the last one.  When I saw the announcements, I tried for 3 MONTHS to get
them to send me a form to order the upgrade.  I called them at least 6 times
and was promised that they would send me a form each time but the last one.
On that call I was informed that I was not a registered user, had never sent
in a registration form, and was not eligible for the upgrade.  I told her
that I had purched every version from 1.0 and had sent in registrations
cards for every version so her database must be in error.  She informed me
"that is not possible!".  So, I took MS Pascal, MS C, and MASM off my PC
and I use Turbo.  I also reccommend it to anyone who asks an opinion.

George

DOMAIN: grimesg@sj.ate.slb.com           | George Grimes
UUCP:   {decwrl,uunet}!sjsca4!grimesg    | Schlumberger Technologies
INTERNET: grimesg%sjs@sdr.slb.com        | 1601 Technology Drive
PHONE:  (408)437-5305                    | San Jose, Ca. 95110