[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Digital Filters...

jcb@loral.UUCP (Jay Bowden) (10/25/89)

Any digital filter experts out there?  How many "stages"
would I need to implement a 6 pole  low/high/band-pass
constant delay (linear phase) filter?

I'm sure that I am asking an insufficiently detailed question,
but any general info (like linear phase means you have to
go Butterworth, etc). would be much appreciated.

Also is there PC software for doing this?

Thanks!

- Jay

Jay Bowden, EE/Consultant; see also Bowden Engineering
Currently contracted at Loral Instrumentation, San Diego
{ucbvax, ittvax!dcdwest, akgua, decvax, ihnp4}!ucsd!loral!jcb

ching@pepsi.amd.com (Mike Ching) (10/27/89)

In article <2405@loral.UUCP> jcb@loral.UUCP (Jay Bowden) writes:
>Any digital filter experts out there?  How many "stages"
>would I need to implement a 6 pole  low/high/band-pass
>constant delay (linear phase) filter?
>
>Also is there PC software for doing this?
>
>Thanks!

I have a program called Dispro by Signix that does anything you could
possibly want as far as designing digital filters. It cost $1450 in
1983. Mail me if you want to track them down.

mike ching
ching@pepsi.amd.com