[comp.sys.ibm.pc] What is a .BOO file?

ander@pawl.rpi.edu (Michael R. Primm) (10/28/89)

've found several archives on watson.cc.columbia.edu  that use the file
name extension .BOO.  I've tried ZOO on it, with no luck, and I'm really
in need of one of these archives.  Does anyone know what archiver is
used for .BOO files, and where I can get it??
                                                 --Mike Primm

peter@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Peter Wu) (10/29/89)

In article <1989Oct28.161329.10869@rpi.edu> ander@pawl.rpi.edu (Michael R. Primm) writes:
>'ve found several archives on watson.cc.columbia.edu  that use the file
>name extension .BOO.  I've tried ZOO on it, with no luck, and I'm really
>in need of one of these archives.  Does anyone know what archiver is
>used for .BOO files, and where I can get it??
>                                                 --Mike Primm

.BOO files are similar to uuencoded files, except that they are
incompatible.  They are not compressed files.  They are actually
longer than the actual files themselves.  You can ftp the file called
msbpct.bas from the /kermit/a directory.  This basic program will
allow you to unBOO a .BOO file.  There are also Turbo Pascal and
generic C versions (msbpct.pas and msbpct.c).  You can always just ftp
the executables from the /kermit/bin directory, if that's what you
actually need.

Pedro Quien?