[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Turbo Debugger running on Tandy 1200

ccastjb@prism.gatech.EDU (Joubert Berger) (10/30/89)

Has anyone tried running the Turbo Debugger on a Tandy 1200?  I can not
seem to get it running on my machine.  I even tried setting NMI to no
and it still does not work.  It gives me the debugger banner and then
seems to go out to lunch...

Any help would be greatly apprecitated.

	  Joubert

--
Joubert Berger                    | uucp:  ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,
Georgia Institute of Technology,  |             ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!ccastjb

sac90286@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Kubla Khan) (10/31/89)

Turbo Debugger 1.0 runs with no problems on my Tandy 1200.

--
---
Scott

wozniak@utkux1.utk.edu (Bryon Lape) (10/31/89)

 The problem may be in (or with) your machine.  The 1200 was considered
a graphics machine (non-standard), but I am not totally familiar with
it.  I know that their are several programmes that will not run on the
1000 line of computers, so you may have found another one.  This
sometimes the price that is paid for non-standard equipment.

-bryon-

toma@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Tom Almy) (11/01/89)

In article <1286@utkcs2.cs.utk.edu> wozniak@utkux1.cs.utk.edu (Bryon Lape) writes:
> The problem may be in (or with) your machine.  The 1200 was considered
>a graphics machine (non-standard), but I am not totally familiar with
>it.  I know that their are several programmes that will not run on the
>1000 line of computers, so you may have found another one.  This
>sometimes the price that is paid for non-standard equipment.

Whoa there!  The 1200 was a near-perfect PC/XT clone. The 1000 was/is a
completely different computer, originally intended as a PC/Jr clone. In fact
it was much more PC compatable than the real Jr. The non-standard "graphics"
machine was the 2000, Tandy's first MS-DOS machine. They did that when they
thought the keyword was "MS-DOS" rather than "PC Compatible", thus it was
a superior machine that couldn't run any PC programs that used other than
MS-DOS system calls, nor could it accept any PC hardware.

Tom Almy
toma@tekgvs.labs.tek.com
Standard Disclaimers Apply