[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Procomm Plus

russ@hpldola.HP.COM (Russell Johnston) (12/12/87)

> What happened to Procomm 3.0????

I saw it on a bbs here in Colorado Springs.  Datastorm Technologies indicates
it is not from them; version 2.4.2 is the latest.  Stay away from 3.0.  The
next version will be a commercial progaram procomm+.

roth@mrsvr.UUCP (Dean Roth) (12/17/87)

Procomm 3.1 is not a real product. One report that I
read on a BBS said that 3.1 will destroy disks on
a computer if used on October 31 (thus the version
number "3.1") - which is Halloween. I have not seen
a copy of 3.1, but it is definitely a fake.

pmd@cbdkc1.UUCP (12/18/87)

In article <244@mrsvr.UUCP> roth@mrsvr.UUCP (Dean Roth) writes:
}
}Procomm 3.1 is not a real product. One report that I
}read on a BBS said that 3.1 will destroy disks on
}a computer if used on October 31 (thus the version
}number "3.1") - which is Halloween. I have not seen
}a copy of 3.1, but it is definitely a fake.

I saw this file on a BBS a while back (before word started to
get around that it was a fake).  I almost downloaded it, but
figured something was fishy when I saw that the size of the arc
file was very much smaller than the previous version (2.4.2).
I know the next version of Procomm is supposed to have all sorts
of great new features.  I'm sure they didn't add them by deleting
code.
--

Paul Dubuc	{ihnp4,cbosgd}!cbdkc1!pmd

ae3@h.cc.purdue.edu (Steve Gerber) (12/18/87)

In article <11250012@hpldola.HP.COM> russ@hpldola.HP.COM (Russell Johnston) writes:

>> What happened to Procomm 3.0????
>
>I saw it on a bbs here in Colorado Springs.  Datastorm Technologies indicates
>it is not from them; version 2.4.2 is the latest.  Stay away from 3.0.  The
>next version will be a commercial progaram procomm+.

  From what I have heard from Datastorm in the past 48 hours is that
they are having great difficulties with the printing of the documentation.
The girl said they were now expecting a release date of mid January, maybe
later if further problems arise.  Also, she mentioned something
which I wasn't sure I beleived, she said they were going to bring
out a new version of Procomm (the shareware version).  Hmmm, sounds
good to me.  Anyway, the version of 2.4.2 that is hacked to say 3.0.0
or whatever will apparently do no harm, it's only change is in the
sign-on screen.

--
Steve Gerber  Purdue Univ. Computing Center - Micro Repair 317/494-1787 ext 242
   ARPA:    ae3@j.cc.purdue.edu

keithe@tekgvs.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) (12/22/87)

In article <3603@h.cc.purdue.edu> ae3@h.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Steve Gerber) writes:
>  From what I have heard from Datastorm in the past 48 hours is that
>they are having great difficulties with the printing of the documentation.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Include this one with:

	The check is in the mail.
	No, I'm not married.
	Of course I'll respect you in the morning.

keith

bright@Data-IO.COM (Walter Bright) (12/23/87)

In article <2986@tekgvs.TEK.COM> keithe@tekgvs.UUCP (Keith Ericson) writes:
<<3603@h.cc.purdue.edu> ae3@h.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Steve Gerber) writes:
<<  From what I have heard from Datastorm in the past 48 hours is that
<<they are having great difficulties with the printing of the documentation.
<          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<Include this one with:
<	The check is in the mail.
<	No, I'm not married.
<	Of course I'll respect you in the morning.
You forgot:
	Don't worry, it's only a cold sore.
	I'm from the government, I'm here to help you.

nrs1858@dsac.UUCP (Veneice C. Mercer) (11/03/89)

I am trying to write a script that will dial up a PC loaded with
Procomm Plus and transmit a file and make a backup copy of that file.

When I do this manually, I have no problem going to the shell and
copying the file.  However, when I try this through my script,
after going to the shell any command issued returns the response
"Bad Command or File Name".

I have tried changing the case of the command (upper to lower)
without any success.  The script is running from a unix based Gould
9050 machine.  The script is similar to C.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Vicky Mercer
DLA Systems Automation Center