[comp.sys.ibm.pc] LEX and YACC under DOS

jwbirdsa@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (James Webster Birdsall) (10/20/89)

   Does anybody know where I can find versions of the UNIX compiler
tools LEX and YACC for DOS? Thanks in advance...

--
James W. Birdsall  jwbirdsa@phoenix.Princeton.EDU  jwbirdsa@pucc.BITNET
   ...allegra!princeton!phoenix!jwbirdsa   Compu$erve: 71261,1731

gould@physics.usc.edu (Christopher Gould) (10/20/89)

In article <10944@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
jwbirdsa@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (James Webster Birdsall) writes:

	>Does anybody know where I can find versions of the UNIX compiler
	>tools LEX and YACC for DOS? Thanks in advance...

	In the March 1989 issue of Computer Language there was a review
of LEX and YACC for DOS from LALR, Abraxax, and MKS.  They had positive
things to say about each.  Me...I'm a satisfied user of Abraxas's YACC.

Phones:	LALR: (615)691-5257  Abraxas: (503)244-5253  MKS: (519)884-2251
(cribbed from the magazine's review, not from their ads)

_________________

Christopher M. Gould - Univ of Southern Calif - Dept of Physics   (213)743-8521
Internet: gould@usc.edu    Bitnet: gould@uscvm    UUCP: uunet!usc!physics!gould

lbr@holos0.uucp (Len Reed) (10/20/89)

In article <10944@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> jwbirdsa@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (James Webster Birdsall) writes:

>   Does anybody know where I can find versions of the UNIX compiler
>tools LEX and YACC for DOS? Thanks in advance...

FLEX is the lexical analyzer of choice under DOS.  You should be able to
obtain this by anon. ftp or uucp; the source for Unix and DOS was posted
to the network this summer.  MKS sells yacc and lex as a package; there
is also a version of BISON--a yacc clone--around.  (I've seen this on the
GEnie BBS.)

I haven't used any of these other than FLEX, but I have used other MKS
products and find them good.
--
Len Reed
Holos Software, Inc.

pete@othello (Pete Schmitt) (10/21/89)

In article <1989Oct20.145422.5699@holos0.uucp> lbr@holos0.UUCP (Len Reed) writes:
>In article <10944@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> jwbirdsa@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (James Webster Birdsall) writes:
>
>>   Does anybody know where I can find versions of the UNIX compiler
>>tools LEX and YACC for DOS? Thanks in advance...
>
>FLEX is the lexical analyzer of choice under DOS.  You should be able to
>obtain this by anon. ftp or uucp; the source for Unix and DOS was posted

Where is the DOS version of FLEX located?  I'd like to obtain it as
well as a DOS version of BISON if one exists.

valentib@cognos.UUCP (Valentin Bercovici) (10/28/89)

In article <10944@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>,
jwbirdsa@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (James Webster Birdsall) writes:

>    Does anybody know where I can find versions of the UNIX compiler
> tools LEX and YACC for DOS? Thanks in advance...

I believe there is a company calles MKS utilities, based in Waterloo,
Ontario which has ported/re-written many popular UNIX programs to/on DOS.
I'm not sure, but they should have DOS versions of the LEX & YACC tools.

Sorry, I don't have an address or phone #, but calling information at
(519) 555-1212 ought to get you in touch with them.

NOT a Waterloo co-op,

darryl@lemuria.UUCP (Darryl P. Wagoner) (11/05/89)

In article <7322@cognos.UUCP> valentib@cognos.UUCP (Valentin Bercovici) writes:
>In article <10944@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>,
>jwbirdsa@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (James Webster Birdsall) writes:
>
>>    Does anybody know where I can find versions of the UNIX compiler
>> tools LEX and YACC for DOS? Thanks in advance...

I have a very of GNU Bison for the PC if there is enough interest I will
post it comp.sources.misc otherwise I will just mail it or the diffs
to who every wants them.

-Darryl

--
Darryl Wagoner		(home) darryl@lemuria.uucp
Shecora Associates, Inc; 	OS/2, Just say No!