[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Date Problem

haug@ka3ovk.uucp (Susan Haug) (10/31/89)

Why is it that on Monday when I come in to work, the date of my IBM
PC-AT is Saturday's date?  Thanks in advance!  :-)

| Susan L. Haug, IRS Computer Services, Falls Church, VA           |
| UUCP: (drilex|wb3ffv|teemc)!ka3ovk!(haug)  Voice: (703) 756-7459 |
|"A woman like that could put steam into a man's strides." - Joker |

baalke@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Ron Baalke) (11/01/89)

In article <1989Oct30.213139.6770@ka3ovk.uucp> haug@ka3ovk.uucp (Susan Haug) writes:
>Why is it that on Monday when I come in to work, the date of my IBM
>PC-AT is Saturday's date?  Thanks in advance!  :-)

Well, one way for this to happen is if you are using  MS DOS version 3.2 or
older and you left the computer on over the weekend. There is a bug in DOS
3.2 where the date is not incremented when the computer is left on past
midnight. If you reboot the computer you should get the correct date.

 Ron Baalke                       |    (818) 541-2341 x260
 Jet Propulsion Lab  M/S 301-355  |    baalke@mars.jpl.nasa.gov
 4800 Oak Grove Dr.               |
 Pasadena, CA 91109               |

wcr@branch.FIDONET.ORG (W.c. Rothanburg) (11/06/89)

In an article of <30 Oct 89 21:31:39 GMT>, haug@ka3ovk.uucp (Susan Haug) writes:

 >Why is it that on Monday when I come in to work, the date of my IBM
 >PC-AT is Saturday's date?  Thanks in advance!  :-)

There is a slitch in the older versions of DOS.  (Before 3.30.)  Dos doesn't
update the date at midnight.  I remember there was a patch around the local
BBS's.  It probabally would be easier to upgrade to Dos 3.3.

Bill

--
"Out on a Limb in The Branch Office...."                            ]