[comp.sys.ibm.pc] C beautifier wanted

colin@tenset.UUCP (Colin Manning) (11/01/89)

Anyone know of a decent pd C beautifier program for the PC (source
or binary; sources preferred) ?

Thanks in advance,

- Colin.

| colin@tenset.uucp or        | Post: Tenset Technologies Limited,    |
|  ..!ukc!acorn!tenset!colin  |       Norfolk House,                  |
| Phone: +44 223 328886       |       301 Histon Road,                |
| Fax:   +44 223 460929       |       Cambridge CB4 3NF, UK.          |

bb16@prism.gatech.EDU (Scott Bostater) (11/04/89)

In article <128@tenset.UUCP>, colin@tenset.UUCP (Colin Manning) writes:

> Anyone know of a decent pd C beautifier program for the PC (source
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^

  Yea, I'ld be interested in a C to Turbo Pascal converter too :-)

                 (sorry, I just couldn't resist.... )
--
Scott Bostater      GTRI/RAIL/RAD   (Ga. Tech)
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him"  -Ps 62.1

woody@eos.UUCP (Wayne Wood) (11/04/89)

In article <3043@hydra.gatech.EDU> bb16@prism.gatech.EDU (Scott Bostater) writes:
>In article <128@tenset.UUCP>, colin@tenset.UUCP (Colin Manning) writes:
>>
>> Anyone know of a decent pd C beautifier program for the PC (source
>                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>  Yea, I'ld be interested in a C to Turbo Pascal converter too :-)
>
>                 (sorry, I just couldn't resist.... )

yeah, pascal is beautiful, in it's own way...

BUT C LETS ME REACH IN AND TEAR THE MACHINES GUTS APART!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  RAW POWER!!!!!!!

/***   woody   ****************************************************************
*** ...tongue tied and twisted, just an earth bound misfit, I...            ***
*** -- David Gilmour, Pink Floyd                                            ***
****** woody@eos.arc.nasa.gov *** my opinions, like my mind, are my own ******/

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) (11/05/89)

colin@tenset.UUCP (Colin Manning) writes:

>Anyone know of a decent pd C beautifier program for the PC (source
>or binary; sources preferred) ?

indent(1) on unix systems is easily ported to TurboC 2.0.  I did it
last summer, but haven't used it since.  The code was written years ago.
Don't ask me for source. Although the same source exists on all the
machines we have (Sun, MIPS, IBM-RT, IRIS) it still has the vendor's
copyright on it.

Here's the copyright comment from one of the source files:

/*-

	Copyright (C) 1976
		by the
	Board of Trustees
		of the
	University of Illinois

	All rights reserved

NAME:
indent main program

FUNCTION:
This is the main program of the indent program.  Indent will take a C
program source and reformat it into a semi-reasonable form.

ALGORITHM:
The routine lexi scans tokens and passes them back one at a time to the
main routine.  The subroutine parse takes care of much of the work of
figuring indentation level.

1) Call lexi
2) Enter a monster switch statement on the code returned by lexi.  If
the indentation level for the line yet to be printed should be
changed, set the variable ps.ind_level.  If the indentation level for
the following line should be changed, set the variable ps.i_l_follow.

*/
--
Doug Eastick	eastick@me.UTORONTO.BITNET	UUCP: ...!utai!me!eastick
		eastick@me.utoronto.ca

packer@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Michael A Packer,Knapp Hall,,2928607) (11/05/89)

> colin@tenset.UUCP (Colin Manning) writes:
>

>Anyone know of a decent pd C beautifier program for the PC (source
>or binary; sources preferred) ?

	I believe if you check on SIMTEL20 you will find it in
the PD1:<msdos.c> directory...if you can't find it there it has been
posted to comp.binaries.ibm.pc a couple times.

Mike packer
USMAIL:	318 Knapp Hall, WVU, Morgantown, WV 26506
PHONE:	304 293-3607
INTERNET : packer@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu
USENET:  {allegra,bellcore,ihpn4!cadre,decvax!idis,psuvax1}!pitt!wvucsa!packer

ilan343@violet.berkeley.edu (11/06/89)

In article <89Nov4.122952est.18448@me.utoronto.ca> eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) writes:
>colin@tenset.UUCP (Colin Manning) writes:
>

>indent(1) on unix systems is easily ported to TurboC 2.0.  I did it
>last summer, but haven't used it since.  The code was written years ago.
>Don't ask me for source. Although the same source exists on all the
>machines we have (Sun, MIPS, IBM-RT, IRIS) it still has the vendor's
>copyright on it.
>
>Here's the copyright comment from one of the source files:
>

>/*-
>
>	Copyright (C) 1976
>		by the
>	Board of Trustees
>		of the
>	University of Illinois
>
>	All rights reserved

A more recent version of "indent" was distributed
through the net (comp.sources.misc), the source can be found in the
"misc" archives.

It has additional copyright notices by Sun an University of California,
but it is freely redistributable.

ilan343@violet.berkeley.edu (11/06/89)

>A more recent version of "indent" was distributed
>through the net (comp.sources.misc), the source can be found in the
>"misc" archives.

Correction: indent was posted to comp.sources.unix (volume 18)

There is a different utility with the same name (indent) which was
posted comp.sources.misc .