micro channel. I need 1280x1024 with at least 16 colors. If such a beast
exists could you give me the company's address or fax number.
Thank you very much in advance.

Timo Eronen,   phaethon at mammutti.utu.fi

wayne.ho@f526.n250.z1.fidonet.org (wayne ho) (11/07/89)

 > I need 1280x1024 with at least 16 colors.
 > If such a beast
 > exists could you give me the company's address or fax number.
 > Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,
     I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not, but the
Matrox PG-1281 C/8/1.5M does 1280 x 1024 resolution and has a colour
palette of 16 M.  I don't know how many colours it can display at the
same time at once at that resolution, but 2 M of video memory, I suppose

it is very possible that it supports at least 16 colours.  You can
optionally add another 1.5 M of RAM (in bytes)
     According the BYTE magazine (November 89.. I don't know if you

get it or not but...) it has an article on these 34010-based graphics
boards.  This board can run in PS/2s and its standard mode are CGA,
EGA text and has support for PGA I believe.
     There is a 50 MHz 34010 processor in stalled and it runs AutoCAD

very nicely, according to the magazine.
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd
(the product is the PG-1281 C/8/1.5M)
1055 St. Regis
Dorval, Quebec H9P 2T4, Canada
(514)685-2630

I don't know if this is a voice or fax number.  Good luck in finding
what you want; I hope this helps.

                                Wayne

--- ConfMail V3.31
 * Origin: MeTaStAsIo'S -`Not ready error reading drive A' (416)487-9093 (1:250/526)