[comp.sys.ibm.pc] VGA and LCD cable Help

look@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (11/01/89)

A person here has purchased a LCD screen that lays on an overhead projector
to show VGA stuff from a PS2 system to a class he is teaching. What he would
like to be able to do is use both the LCD device and the PS2 monitor at the
same time. Does anyone know if just a simple "Y" cable can be made or is it
more involved than that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Steve Look
look@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu

e-mail or post is ok

alawlor@dit.ie (11/10/89)

In article <42900055@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu>, look@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu writes:
> A person here has purchased a LCD screen that lays on an overhead projector
> to show VGA stuff from a PS2 system to a class he is teaching. What he would
> like to be able to do is use both the LCD device and the PS2 monitor at the
> same time. Does anyone know if just a simple "Y" cable can be made or is it
> more involved than that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Steve Look
> look@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu
>
> e-mail or post is ok

We use a CGA LCD screen and had the same problem. I made up a Y cable, and
it worked with an IBM XTs CGA card, but not with the switchable (Herc/CGA)
graphics card (JUKO G7B) that our clones use. If I remember, the signal
wasn't strong enough to drive both monitors. I would expect a Y cable to work
in this case.

Aengus.                ZIG : Ahh! That makes me feel like a young man!
                       ZAG : It makes me feel like a young woman.
                             I think I'll go out and get one!