[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Phoenix BIOS 3.07 and 3.10

mallari@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Brian Mallari) (11/04/89)

Can Phoenix BIOS 3.07 ROMs be replaced with Phoenix BIOS 3.10 ROMs without
problems?  Are they backwards compatible?

Brian Mallari
University of California, Berkeley
mallari@cory.berkeley.edu

poffen@chomolungma (Russ Poffenberger) (11/08/89)

In article <19145@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> mallari@cory.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Brian Mallari) writes:
>Can Phoenix BIOS 3.07 ROMs be replaced with Phoenix BIOS 3.10 ROMs without
>problems?  Are they backwards compatible?

I would be interested in hearing a response to this too.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110
(408)437-5254
-------------------------
In a dictatorship, people suffer without complaining.
In a democracy, people complain without suffering.

harper@rigel.uucp (David Harper) (11/11/89)

In article <1989Nov7.222744.4536@sj.ate.slb.com> poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) writes:
>In article <19145@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> mallari@cory.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Brian Mallari) writes:
>>Can Phoenix BIOS 3.07 ROMs be replaced with Phoenix BIOS 3.10 ROMs without
>>problems?  Are they backwards compatible?
>
>I would be interested in hearing a response to this too.
>
>Russ Poffenberger               DOMAIN: poffen@sj.ate.slb.com

I performed this replacement on a Micronics 25 MHz motherboard a couple of
months ago and have not noticed any problems so far.  The reason I made the
switch was that I had been told that the 3.07 version was why I could not
get the QEMM memory manager to work.  After I made the switch QEMM worked
with no further problems.

Dave Harper    -     Convex Computer Corp.            E-mail address:
3000 Waterview Pky.  Richardson, TX 75081             harper@convex.COM
(214) 497-4525 (W)   (214) 727-4206 (H)