[comp.sys.ibm.pc] MultiSync GS

) (10/27/89)

After a few complaints about the Packard Bell 14" white-screen monitor, I
decided to cancel the order.  I'm now looking into a NEC MultiSync GS monitor.
My father has a MultiSync 2 and I would like to know is the GS as good as the
2A?

 Santanu Sircar                                BITNET:   ssircar@umaecs.bitnet
 University of Massachusetts/Amherst           INTERNET: ssircar@ecs.umass.edu
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
 "A pig ate his fill of acorns under an oak tree and then started to root
   around the tree.  A crow remarked, `You should not do this.  If you lay bare
   the roots, the tree will wither and die.' `Let it die,' said the pig.  `Who
   cares so long as there are acorns?'"

dlow@hpspcoi.HP.COM (Danny Low) (10/31/89)

>I'm now looking into a NEC MultiSync GS monitor.
>My father has a MultiSync 2 and I would like to know is the GS as good as the
>2A?

The 2A is a VGA color monitor. The GS is a monchrome with 64 shades of
gray. The two are not directly comparable. I have an older NEC Multisync II
monitor. I can tell you it is rugged enough to take a 5 foot drop
to the floor and still work. The NEC Multisync 3D will also take the same
drop and still work although with that monitor we did have to glue a few
pieces of the casing back together. One of the hazards of working
in earthquake country when a 7.0 hits.

			   Danny Low
    "Question Authority and the Authorities will question You"
	   Valley of Hearts Delight, Sillicon Valley
     HP SPCD   dlow%hpspcoi@hplabs.hp.com   ...!hplabs!hpspcoi!dlow

phil@diablo.amd.com (Phil Ngai) (11/10/89)

In article <1640030@hpspcoi.HP.COM> dlow@hpspcoi.HP.COM (Danny Low) writes:
|>I'm now looking into a NEC MultiSync GS monitor.
|>My father has a MultiSync 2 and I would like to know is the GS as good as the
|>2A?
|
|The 2A is a VGA color monitor. The GS is a monchrome with 64 shades of
|gray. The two are not directly comparable. I have an older NEC Multisync II

But note that there is a MultiSync GS2A, which would imply gray scale
analog VGA compatible, although I haven't received the literature I
asked for yet.

--
Phil Ngai, phil@diablo.amd.com		{uunet,decwrl,ucbvax}!amdcad!phil
Come witness the failure of democracy in California!

dlow@hpspcoi.HP.COM (Danny Low) (11/14/89)

>But note that there is a MultiSync GS2A, which would imply gray scale
>analog VGA compatible, although I haven't received the literature I
>asked for yet.

The GS2A is a replacement for the GS2. It has infinite gray scale.
Both the GS2 and GS2A are multisync monitors that work with EGA and
VGA boards.

			   Danny Low
    "Question Authority and the Authorities will question You"
	   Valley of Hearts Delight, Silicon Valley
     HP SPCD   dlow%hpspcoi@hplabs.hp.com   ...!hplabs!hpspcoi!dlow