[comp.sys.ibm.pc] good chess package

jpalmer@uwovax.uwo.ca (J. Palmer) (10/31/89)

I tried to e-mail this message, but it bounced:

Date: Tue, 31 Oct 89 06:01:08 -0500
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAIL-DAEMON@ria.ccs.uwo.ca>
Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown
550 <murphyn@cell.mot.com>... Host unknown

Subject: Best chess program for the PC?

> Best meaning, among other qualifications:
>     Best man/machine interface
>     features that facilitate learning, what-if, and other functions
>         that don't fall under m/m interface.

	I'm a horrible chess player with no interest in improving, but
3DCHESS, a shareware package has take-back features, nice screens, etc.

--

 reply to jpalmer@uwovax.uwo.ca        The Economics Institute for Journalists
 London, Ontario CANADA N6A 5C2				        (519) 661-3533

dbarnes@garth.UUCP (Dave Barnes) (11/15/89)

>Subject: Best chess program for the PC?

I'm not a chess player, but one of the nicest graphical presentations
I've seen is called CYRUS, which is a 3D, EGA version of the game.
You can rotate the board, change the vantage point, etc.  Really nice.
(Again, I can't attest to its "playability").  A real nice aspect is
that it's shareware.  I've seen it on any number of bulletin boards
in the 415 and 408 area codes.

David Barnes
UUCP: {pyramid,sri-unix,ingr}!apd!dbarnes     415/852-2365
USPS: Intergraph APD, 2400 Geng Road, Palo Alto, CA  94303