[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Internal Hard Disk as External?

ghodsi@shire.cs.psu.edu (M. Ghodsi) (11/11/89)

I wonder if, with the help of reliable packaging, one can use an
internal HD as external.  Does any body have  more information on this?

thanks

Mohammad Ghodsi
ghodsi@shire.cs.psu.edu

smith@ug.cs.dal.ca (Your Worst Nightmare) (11/15/89)

In article <1989Nov10.174824.8106@psuvax1.cs.psu.edu> ghodsi@shire.cs.psu.edu (M. Ghodsi) writes:

>I wonder if, with the help of reliable packaging, one can use an
>internal HD as external.  Does any body have  more information on this?

	Sure it can - that's how I run my HD.  You'll need a box to put it in
(preferably with a power supply) and extra-long cables to connect it to the
controller.  However, the boxes aren't cheap (I got mine cheap at a place I
used to work for).

	Good luck!

	Sean

|   Sean Smith - Damage Inc.         "Let me tell you what you're trying   |
|   Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada      to say..."  01SSMITH@AC.DAL.CA too   |
|   These ideas are mine...ALL MINE!!!  *maniacal laughter*                |