[comp.sys.ibm.pc] Want GIF description

rds95@leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals) (11/16/89)

Hi,

I'm looking for a high-ish-level description of the gif format.
If it's on simtel somewhere, that'd be fine. I have the code
contained in "giftopbm.c" distributed with Jef Pozansker's pbm
package, but it's a little rough to deal with.

Any ideas?

rob

ron@woan.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S. Woan) (11/16/89)

In article <2163@leah.Albany.Edu>, rds95@leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals) writes:
> I'm looking for a high-ish-level description of the gif format.
> If it's on simtel somewhere, that'd be fine. I have the code
> contained in "giftopbm.c" distributed with Jef Pozansker's pbm
> package, but it's a little rough to deal with.

Look in the pd1:<msdos.gif> directory on simtel. There is a file GIF.ARC or
GIFDOC.ARC that contains the description and code fragments. I don't remember
the exact name, but I know its there (looked at it a couple of months ago).

							Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan  (IBM VNET)WOAN AT AUSTIN, (AUSTIN)ron@woan.austin.ibm.com +
+ outside of IBM       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmaus!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ last resort                                        woan@peyote.cactus.org +