[comp.sys.ibm.pc] How may I print full IBM char set on QMS PS 810?

kerce@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Kingsley F. Kerce) (11/09/89)

I'd like to (easily) print a text file that contains characters from
the IBM extended character set on a QMS PS 810 laser printer.  Various
attempts with emulations and such were to no avail.

Has anyone accomplished this?

Thanks,
--
Kingsley Kerce             USnail: Dept. of Computer Sci. (or Dept. of Psych.)
Email: kerce@nu.cs.fsu.edu         Florida State University

vgopal@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (venu.p.gopal) (11/17/89)

In article <KERCE.89Nov9020645@nu.cs.fsu.edu> kerce@nu.cs.fsu.edu (Kingsley F. Kerce) writes:

>I'd like to (easily) print a text file that contains characters from
>the IBM extended character set on a QMS PS 810 laser printer.  Various
>attempts with emulations and such were to no avail.
>Kingsley Kerce             USnail: Dept. of Computer Sci. (or Dept. of Psych.)

I don't know how large your file is, but it can be printed a screenful
at a time from the PC screen using a program called SCRtoPS - it grabs the
screen and converts it into postscript (encapsulated postscript) - it
can print the full ibm charcater set.  For more info, contact the sellers
of the product - Offe Enterprises at 708-357-6679.

Venu P. Gopal   UUCP: ..!att!ihuxy!vgopal   Internet: vgopal@ihuxy.att.com