[comp.sys.ibm.pc] FTP on the IBM PC

calexand@castor.usc.edu (Craig Alexander) (11/15/89)

Is it possible to purchase FTP software to run on
the IBM PC.  Does anyone have any info??

Thanks

--
Craig Alexander  ****   calexand@castor.usc.edu

madd@world.std.com (jim frost) (11/16/89)

calexand@castor.usc.edu (Craig Alexander) writes:
>Is it possible to purchase FTP software to run on
>the IBM PC.  Does anyone have any info??

Yes.  FTP Software (they used to be in Cambridge, MA but they moved
and I can't find the address right now) makes such a beast as part of
their PC/TCP package.  They also have SMTP and most of the other
standard networking utilities.  This package has had good reviews and
I recommend it.

jim frost
software tool & die
madd@std.com

huopio@kannel.lut.fi (Kauto Huopio) (11/19/89)

NCSA (National Center for Supercomputing Applications) has made NCSA-Telnet
and NCSA-FTP. I _think_ that they are even in PD!

--Kauto
--
****************** Kauto Huopio (huopio@kannel.lut.fi) **********************
*US Mail: Kauto Huopio, Punkkerikatu 1 A 10, SF-53850 Lappeenranta, Finland *