[comp.sys.ibm.pc] How to remove TSR from memory?

cs9a-ax@dorothy.Berkeley.EDU (Mike Morrison) (11/20/89)

Well, I've tried reading several reference books and none of them seem
to have what I need.  About a year ago, I wrote a small TSR program for my
own use, and I am now fixing it up to get rid of a few minor bugs.  One thing
I'd like to be able to do is remove it from memory when I'm done with it or if
I need the memory for something else.  How do I do this?  E-mail or post.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Morrison
cs9a-ax@dorothy.berkeley.edu
morrison@ocf.berkeley.edu

dar@nucleus.UUCP (Dario Alcocer) (11/22/89)

In article <19759@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, cs9a-ax@dorothy.Berkeley.EDU (Mike Morrison) writes:
> Well, I've tried reading several reference books and none of them seem
> to have what I need.  About a year ago, I wrote a small TSR program for my
> own use, and I am now fixing it up to get rid of a few minor bugs.  One thing
> I'd like to be able to do is remove it from memory when I'm done with it or if
> I need the memory for something else.  How do I do this?  E-mail or post.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mike Morrison
> cs9a-ax@dorothy.berkeley.edu
> morrison@ocf.berkeley.edu

In previous issues of PC Magazine, TSR's have been written that can be
uninstalled.  One that comes to mind is ANSI.COM; it was featured in the
following issue:

PC Magazine
vol. 8, no. 2
January 31, 1989

Unfortunately, I don't have the source, but you can call their BBS and
download it:

PC Magazine Interactive Reader Service
(212) 696-0360
1200/2400 N81

Hasta...

Dario

| Dario Alcocer (San Diego, CA) | Internet......dar@nucleus.mi.org |
| via Nucleus                   | phone...............619-450-1667 |