[comp.sys.ibm.pc] HELP: unable to run SEDT

pwong@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Patrick Wong) (11/19/89)

Hi, netters:

Recently, I FTPped the VMS/EDT look alike editor SEDT from SIMTEL and
downloaded and un-arc on a 640K AT clone.  However, when I tried to
run the executable, I got an error message "program too large for the memory".
What did I do wrong ?  PLEASE HELP !

Patrick Wong
pcw@squid.graphics.cornell.edu

pwong@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Patrick Wong) (11/22/89)

In article <9321@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> pwong@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Patrick Wong) writes:
>Hi, netters:
>
>Recently, I FTPped the VMS/EDT look alike editor SEDT from SIMTEL and
>downloaded and un-arc on a 640K AT clone.  However, when I tried to
>run the executable, I got an error message "program too large for the memory".
>What did I do wrong ?  PLEASE HELP !
>
>Patrick Wong
>pcw@squid.graphics.cornell.edu

Well, thanx for those who responded to above.  I have found out the causse of
the mentioned problem.  After running the same SEDT exe on another machine
without problem, I talk to the person who operates the troubled machine.
It turns out that at that time when I tried to run SEDT, he had a background
job running !  No wonder I got "program too large for memory" !

Anyway, sorry for wasting the bandwidth ! :-)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving ! (and drive safely !)

Patrick Wong

(a newcomer to the PC world without abandoning my 8-bit life)